Definition of Apollo
1 : the Greek and Roman god of sunlight, prophecy, music, and poetry
2 [ Apollo, an asteroid of this class ] : any of a class of asteroids having an orbit that extends from inside to beyond the earth's orbit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?