Merriam-Webster's First Dictionary
NEW TITLE! A revised and updated beginner's dictionary written for children in grades K2, ages 57. © 2012
- Formerly Merriam-Webster's Primary Dictionary, this reference for young readers introduces almost 3,000 words using 1,000
entries many new and revised for 2012 with hundreds of captivating illustrations by Ruth Heller.
- Full sentences are used to discuss definitions, common phrases, and usage examples in age-appropriate language to show how words
are used in context.
- Many entries include alternate meanings, word histories, related words, and the way words sound.
- Teaches basic dictionary skills: alphabetization, spelling, parts of speech, letter sounds, use of synonyms and antonyms, homographs
- Jokes, riddles, poems, and fun facts based on word play make learning fun.
- References to popular stories, fairy tales, myths, and nursery rhymes spark imagination and encourage language exploration.
- Format: Laminated hardcover
- Size: 448 pages; 8 3/4" x 11 1/8"
- ISBN: 978-0-87779-274-1
To order this product, select a store and click: