Merriam-Webster's Essential Learner's English Dictionary
An all-new compact and affordable dictionary designed to help students learn spoken and written English as it is actually used. © 2010
- More than 54,000 words and phrases
- Coverage of both U.S. and British English and their differences
- More than 15,000 idioms, collocations, and commonly used phases from American and British English
- Clarifies definitions with over 78,000 example sentences and phrases
- Usage guidance through extensive labeling (old-fashioned, technical, informal, humorous, etc.), glosses (restatements
to explain example phrases), count and noncount labeling, usage notes and usage paragraphs, and a table of irregular verbs.
- Format: Mass-market paperback
- Size: 1,408 pages; 4 3/16" x 7"
- ISBN: 978-0-87779-856-9
To order this product, select a store and click: