wid·enedwid·en·ing \ˈwīd-niŋ, ˈwī-dən-iŋ\
: to increase the width, scope, or extent of <widen a road> <widen an investigation>
Examples of WIDEN
- The city is going to widen the road.
- They plan to widen the investigation.
- Her eyes widened in surprise.
- They went swimming at a spot where the river widens.
- The scope of the investigation has widened.
First Known Use of WIDEN
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up widen? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).