wa·tery adjective \ˈwȯ-tə-rē, ˈwä-\
: containing or filled with water or a similar liquid
of a liquid : very thin and similar to water in appearance, taste, etc.
: pale and seeming to have little substance
a : consisting of, filled with, or surrounded by water
b : containing, sodden with, or yielding water or a thin liquid <a watery solution> <watery vesicles>
Examples of WATERY
- The pollen caused her eyes to become watery.
- The soup was watery and had no flavor.
- the watery light of winter
First Known Use of WATERY
before 12th century
Related to WATERY
- awash, bathed, bedraggled, doused (also dowsed), drenched, dripping, logged, saturate, saturated, soaked, soaking, sodden, soggy, sopping, soppy, soused, washed, watered, waterlogged, water-soaked, wet
- arid, dry, unwatered, waterless
wa·tery adjective \ˈwȯt-ə-rē, ˈwät-\ (Medical Dictionary)
: consisting of or filled with water
: containing, sodden with, or yielding water or a thin liquid <a watery solution> <watery stools>
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up watery? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).