un·freeze verb \-ˈfrēz\
: to stop being frozen or to cause (something) to stop being frozen
: to allow (money or property) to be used, spent, etc.
: to start working properly again
: to remove from a freeze <unfreeze wages>
Examples of UNFREEZE
- We can't wait until the ground unfreezes so we can start gardening.
- The warm weather unfroze the lake.
- The Justice Department agreed to unfreeze the company's assets.
- I had to wait for my computer to unfreeze before I could read my e-mail.
- He helped me to unfreeze my computer.
First Known Use of UNFREEZE
Rhymes with UNFREEZE
, at ease
, bee's knees
, big cheese
, blue cheese
, brain freeze
, en prise
, jack cheese
, sea breeze
, strong breeze
, Swiss cheese
Learn More About UNFREEZE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up unfreeze? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).