: having no soul or no greatness or warmth of mind or feeling
— soul·less·ly adverb
— soul·less·ness noun
Examples of SOULLESS
- a government run by soulless bureaucrats
- These companies are heartless, soulless, money-making machines.
- The houses in the new development are completely soulless.
First Known Use of SOULLESS
Related to SOULLESS
- affectless, callous, case-hardened, cold-blooded, compassionless, desensitized, hard-boiled, hard-hearted, heartless, indurate, inhuman, inhumane, insensate, insensitive, ironhearted, merciless, obdurate, pachydermatous, pitiless, remorseless, ruthless, slash-and-burn, hard, stony (also stoney), stonyhearted, take-no-prisoners, thick-skinned, uncharitable, unfeeling, unmerciful, unsparing, unsympathetic
- charitable, compassionate, humane, kindhearted, kindly, merciful, sensitive, softhearted, sympathetic, tender, tenderhearted, warm, warmhearted
Learn More About SOULLESS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up soulless? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).