Examples of SKEPTICAL
- She's highly skeptical of the researchers' claims.
- He says he can win, but I remain skeptical.
- When I said I'd finished my homework early, Mom looked skeptical.
First Known Use of SKEPTICAL
Related to SKEPTICAL
- disbelieving, distrustful, doubting, incredulous, mistrustful, negativistic, questioning, show-me, suspecting, suspicious, unbelieving
- credulous, gullible (also gullable), trustful, trusting, uncritical, unquestioning
Learn More About SKEPTICAL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up skeptical? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).