a : material for covering or upholstering seats
b : a seat on or in which something rests <a valve seating>
: the act of providing with seats
Examples of SEATING
- There won't be enough seating for everyone.
- The auditorium has seating for 400.
- There is additional seating on the deck.
- The auditorium has a seating capacity of 400.
- There are two seatings for tea.
- We bought tickets for the 5:30 seating of the show.
First Known Use of SEATING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up seating? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).