sad·denedsad·den·ing \ˈsad-niŋ, ˈsa-dən-iŋ\
Examples of SADDEN
- It saddens me that we could not agree.
- We were saddened to see how ill she looks.
- She was saddened over the death of her friend.
- Her face saddened when she heard the news.
First Known Use of SADDEN
Related to SADDEN
- bum (out), burden, dash, deject, get down, oppress, depress, weigh down
- brighten, buoy, cheer (up), gladden, lighten, rejoice
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up sadden? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).