re·vi·sion noun \ri-ˈvi-zhən\
: a change or a set of changes that corrects or improves something
: a new version of something : something (such as a piece of writing or a song) that has been corrected or changed
: study of information that was studied before
Examples of REVISION
- This edition is filled with revisions.
- A revision of the theory will be necessary.
- They made revisions to the book.
- The teacher gave me some suggestions for revision.
- This is the original version, not the revision.
- Here is my revision of the paragraph.
First Known Use of REVISION
Related to REVISION
- alteration, difference, modification, redoing, refashioning, remaking, remodeling, revamping, review, revise, change, reworking, variation
- fixation, stabilization
Rhymes with REVISION
, dream vision
, North Frisian
Learn More About REVISION
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up revision? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).