: a conversion of a photographic positive into a negative or vice versa
: a change (as of fortune) often for the worse
Examples of REVERSAL
- In a sudden reversal, the mayor has decided not to run for reelection.
- the reversal of a decision
- a surprising reversal in the value of the stock
- We had a role reversal. I became the leader and he became the follower.
- In a reversal of roles, he is now taking care of his mother.
- Reversal of the decision is unlikely.
First Known Use of REVERSAL
re·ver·sal noun \ri-ˈvər-səl\ (Medical Dictionary)
: an act or the process of reversing
Learn More About REVERSAL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up reversal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).