: the quality or state of being renewed
: something (as a subscription to a magazine) renewed
: something used for renewing; specifically : an expenditure that betters existing fixed assets
: the rebuilding of a large area (as of a city) by a public authority
Examples of RENEWAL
- The lease calls for yearly renewals.
- License renewals can be done online.
- You can get a 10 percent savings on subscription renewals.
- High fuel prices have led to a renewal of interest in electric cars.
- She uses flowers in her art as symbols of rebirth and renewal.
First Known Use of RENEWAL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up renewal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).