: to put in mind of something : cause to remember
— re·mind·er noun
Examples of REMIND
- She'll forget to call the doctor if you don't remind her.
- Remind me to buy some groceries after work.
- I constantly have to be reminded how to pronounce her name.
- I had to remind him that we were supposed to leave early.
- The audience was reminded to turn their cell phones off in the theater.
- The mail just arrived. That reminds me, did you mail that letter I gave you yesterday?
First Known Use of REMIND
Rhymes with REMIND
, fly blind
, month's mind
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up remind? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).