re·laxed adjective \ri-ˈlakst\
: calm and free from stress, worry, or anxiety : not worried or tense
: informal and comfortable
: not strict or carefully controlled
: freed from or lacking in precision or stringency
: set or being at rest or at ease
Examples of RELAXED
- Nothing makes me feel more relaxed than a nice hot bath.
- I used to get really nervous performing, but I'm pretty relaxed about it now.
- He's a very relaxed guy.
- The restaurant had a relaxed atmosphere.
- The seminar was very relaxed—we met at the professor's house instead of the lecture hall.
- We have a relaxed dress code at the office.
- a relaxed set of rules
First Known Use of RELAXED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up relaxed? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).