: the act of calculating the amount of something
: the time when your actions are judged as good or bad and you are rewarded or punished
: the act of judging something
: the act or an instance of reckoning: as
a : account, bill
b : computation
c : calculation of a ship's position
: a settling of accounts <day of reckoning>
Examples of RECKONING
- I was more than $10 off in my reckoning.
- When the day of reckoning comes, we will have to face some unpleasant truths.
- Our football team hardly comes into the reckoning.
- Because of his injury, he is out of the reckoning.
- The team is still in the reckoning.
First Known Use of RECKONING
Learn More About RECKONING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up reckoning? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).