: during the period of time that has just passed : not long ago
Examples of RECENTLY
- She recently graduated from college.
- I was going to paint the room white, but more recently I've been considering a light blue.
- I saw him recently for the first time in many years.
- Only recently did they decide to move.
- Until recently I had no idea where I would end up finding a job.
First Known Use of RECENTLY
Learn More About RECENTLY
Next Word in the Dictionary: receptPrevious Word in the Dictionary: recentAll Words Near: recently
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up recently? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).