: the quality or state of being radiant
: the flux density of radiant energy per unit solid angle and per unit projected area of radiating surface
Examples of RADIANCE
- She had a youthful radiance about her.
- Her face glowed with radiance.
- the radiance of the rising sun
First Known Use of RADIANCE
Related to RADIANCE
- brightness, brilliancy, candor, dazzle, effulgence, illumination, lambency, lightness, luminance, luminosity, luminousness, luster (or lustre), lustrousness, brilliance, refulgence, splendor
- blackness, dark, darkness, dullness (also dulness), duskiness
Learn More About RADIANCE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up radiance? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).