a : fitted (as by training or experience) for a given purpose : competent
b : having complied with the specific requirements or precedent conditions (as for an office or employment) : eligible
: limited or modified in some way <qualified approval>
— qual·i·fied·ly \-ˌfī(-ə)d-lē\ adverb
Examples of QUALIFIED
- She is highly qualified for the job.
- I'm not qualified to give you advice about what you should do.
- She gave a qualified yes to the question.
- The plan was given qualified approval.
First Known Use of QUALIFIED
Related to QUALIFIED
- able, capable, equal, fit, good, competent, suitable
- incompetent, inept, poor, unfit, unfitted, unqualified
Rhymes with QUALIFIED
, bona fide
, far and wide
, freedom ride
, gospel side
, great divide
, on the side
, side by side
Learn More About QUALIFIED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up qualified? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).