: having special rights or advantages that most people do not have
law : known only by the people who need to know
: having or enjoying one or more privileges <privileged classes>
: not subject to the usual rules or penalties because of some special circumstance; especially : not subject to disclosure in a court of law <a privileged communication>
Examples of PRIVILEGED
- He comes from a very privileged background.
- The town attracts people who are wealthy and privileged.
- The President's adviser has a privileged position of trust.
- She had privileged access to the files.
- Only the privileged few can become members of the club.
First Known Use of PRIVILEGED
Learn More About PRIVILEGED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up privileged? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).