: made at an earlier time for later use : made ready in advance
: ready for something : in a suitable condition for some purpose or activity
: willing to do something
Examples of PREPARED
- The president read a prepared statement.
- The store sells a selection of prepared foods.
- I got so nervous. I guess I just wasn't prepared.
- She was well-prepared and scored high on the test.
- How much are you prepared to pay?
- I wasn't prepared to spend that much money.
First Known Use of PREPARED
Learn More About PREPARED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up prepared? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).