— play·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb
— play·ful·ness noun
Examples of PLAYFUL
- She's an old dog, but she's still very playful.
- He had a playful expression on his face.
- a playful tone of voice
- You're certainly in a playful mood!
- She gave him a light playful slap on the knee.
First Known Use of PLAYFUL
Related to PLAYFUL
- antic, coltish, elfish, fay, frisky, frolicsome, larky, rollicking, sportful, sportive
- earnest, serious-minded, sober, sobersided
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up playful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).