: an act or instance of placing: as
a : an accurately hit ball (as in tennis) that an opponent cannot return
b : the assignment of a person to a suitable place (as a job or a class in school)
Examples of PLACEMENT
- the strategic placement of products at the entrance of a store
- the placement of microphones around the room
- The director tried several different camera placements for the scene.
- The agency has overseen the placement of hundreds of children in loving homes.
- the placement of unemployed workers
First Known Use of PLACEMENT
Learn More About PLACEMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up placement? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).