: the quality or state of being peculiar
: a distinguishing characteristic
Examples of PECULIARITY
- the peculiarity of his appearance
- It is a peculiarity of the house that there is no front door.
- her peculiarities as a writer
- Scientists tried to explain some peculiarities in the results of the experiment.
First Known Use of PECULIARITY
Related to PECULIARITY
- crotchet, curiosity, eccentricity, erraticism, individualism, kink, mannerism, oddity, idiosyncrasy, quiddity, quip, quirk, singularity, tic, trick, twist
Learn More About PECULIARITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up peculiarity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).