pay·ment noun \ˈpā-mənt\
: the act of giving money for something : the act of paying
: something that is given to someone in exchange for something else
: an amount of money that is paid for something
: something that is paid : pay
Examples of PAYMENT
- Payment is due on the first of every month.
- Prompt payment of your bill ensures that you will not have to pay any additional fees.
- We require payment in advance for all goods purchased.
- a payment plan to reduce your debt
- cash, credit cards, and other methods of payment
- Our records show that we received a payment of $215.36 in May.
- Buy this product for three easy payments of only $19.95!
- It took me five years to pay off the car, but I never missed a payment.
- making payments on a loan
- The credit card company just increased the penalty on late payments.
First Known Use of PAYMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up payment? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).