: direct and open in speech or expression : frank <outspoken in his criticism — Current Biography>
: spoken or expressed without reserve <his outspoken advocacy of gun control>
— out·spo·ken·ly adverb
— out·spo·ken·ness \-kən-nəs\ noun
Examples of OUTSPOKEN
- She has been an outspoken advocate of women's rights throughout her life.
- an outspoken and controversial radio host
- She's very outspoken about political issues.
First Known Use of OUTSPOKEN
Related to OUTSPOKEN
- candid, direct, forthcoming, forthright, foursquare, freehearted, free-spoken, honest, open, openhearted, out-front, frank, plain, plainspoken, straight, straightforward, unguarded, unreserved, up-front
- dissembling, uncandid, unforthcoming
Rhymes with OUTSPOKEN
Learn More About OUTSPOKEN
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up outspoken? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).