: in the beginning : in the first place : initially
Examples of ORIGINALLY
- That van originally belonged to us.
- The building was originally a school.
- They originally planned to fix their old car, but they decided to buy a new one instead.
- Originally, the word had a very different meaning from its current meaning.
- a New Yorker who is originally from Mexico
- She has shown an ability to think originally about ways to improve the company.
First Known Use of ORIGINALLY
Learn More About ORIGINALLY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up originally? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).