— on approval
: subject to a prospective buyer's acceptance or refusal <stamps sent to collectors on approval>
Examples of APPROVAL
- children who never gained their parents' approval
- Do I have your approval to make the changes?
- The rally will be on May 19, provided the city gives its approval.
- The government has so far withheld approval of the drug.
- We were required to get approvals at each stage of the project.
First Known Use of APPROVAL
Learn More About APPROVAL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up approval? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).