name·less adjective \ˈnām-ləs\
: having a name that is not known or told
: not having a name
: not marked with a name
: not having been given a name : unnamed
: not marked with a name <a nameless grave>
a : incapable of precise description : indefinable
b : too repulsive or distressing to describe
— name·less·ly adverb
— name·less·ness noun
Examples of NAMELESS
- She left the hotel with a nameless man in a black jacket.
- The source for my story prefers to remain nameless.
- A top government official, who shall remain nameless, has expressed concern about the decision.
- The men were buried there in nameless graves.
First Known Use of NAMELESS
Related to NAMELESS
- anonymous, faceless, incognito, innominate, unbaptized, unchristened, unidentified, unnamed, untitled
- baptized, christened, dubbed, named, termed
Learn More About NAMELESS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up nameless? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).