noun mea·sure·ment \ˈme-zhər-mənt, ˈmā-\
: the act or process of measuring something
: a size, length, or amount known by measuring something
: a figure, extent, or amount obtained by measuring : dimension
Examples of MEASUREMENT
- The test is for the measurement of a student's progress.
- The instruments provide accurate measurement of atmospheric conditions.
- The room's measurements are 30 by 15 feet.
- The instruments are used for taking measurements of atmospheric conditions.
- Accurate measurements are required in carpentry.
- The tailor took his measurements, and his waist measurement is 36 inches.
First Known Use of MEASUREMENT
Other Mathematics and Statistics Terms
: the act of determining size, capacity, or quantity <The instruments provide accurate measurement.>
: the extent, size, capacity, or amount of something as has been determined <The room's measurements are 20 feet by 14 feet.>
: the act or process of measuring
: a figure, extent, or amount obtained by measuring
Learn More About MEASUREMENT