los·er noun \ˈlü-zər\
: someone or something that loses a game, contest, etc.
: someone who is harmed or put in a worse position as the result of something
: a person who is not successful, attractive, etc.
: a person or thing that loses especially consistently
: a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed; also : something doomed to fail or disappoint
Examples of LOSER
- The team had a reputation for being a loser year after year.
- The loser of the bet has to buy drinks for the winner.
- Whoever benefits from the new government programs, the real loser will be the American taxpayer.
- That guy is a born loser.
First Known Use of LOSER
Related to LOSER
- bomb, bummer, bust, catastrophe, clinker, clunker, debacle (also débâcle), disaster, dud, fiasco, fizzle, flop, frost, lemon, failure, miss, shipwreck, turkey, washout
- blockbuster, hit, smash, success, winner
Next Word in the Dictionary: loseyitePrevious Word in the Dictionary: lose outAll Words Near: loser
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up loser? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).