a (1) : of, relating to, involving, or being in accordance with logic (2) : skilled in logic
b : formally true or valid : analytic, deductive
Examples of LOGICAL
- Since she helped us before, it's logical to assume that she'll help us again.
- He seems to be a logical choice for the job.
- She wasn't able to give me a logical explanation for her behavior.
First Known Use of LOGICAL
Related to LOGICAL
- analytic (or analytical), coherent, consequent, good, rational, reasonable, sensible, sound, valid, well-founded, well-grounded
- illegitimate, illogical, incoherent, inconsequent, inconsequential, invalid, irrational, unreasonable, unsound, weak
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up logical? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).