: incapable of being wounded, injured, or harmed
Examples of INVULNERABLE
- teenagers who think they are invulnerable
- The candidate seems to be in an invulnerable position.
- The team seems invulnerable this season.
Origin of INVULNERABLE
to wound — more at vulnerable
First Known Use: 1595
Related to INVULNERABLE
- bulletproof, impregnable, indomitable, insuperable, insurmountable, invincible, unbeatable, unconquerable, unstoppable
- superable, surmountable, vincible, vulnerable
Learn More About INVULNERABLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up invulnerable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).