: holding the attention : arousing interest
— in·ter·est·ing·ness noun
Examples of INTERESTING
- This is one of the most interesting books I've read all year.
- It will be interesting to see how she decides to spend the money.
- This building has an interesting history.
- I don't find politics very interesting.
- I found it interesting to learn that she had once lived in California.
- Most of what he said wasn't interesting to me.
First Known Use of INTERESTING
Related to INTERESTING
- absorbing, arresting, consuming, engaging, engrossing, enthralling, fascinating, gripping, immersing, intriguing, involving, riveting
- boring, drab, dry, dull, heavy, monotonous, tedious, uninteresting
Learn More About INTERESTING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up interesting? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).