in·ter·est·ed adjective \ˈin-t(ə-)rəs-təd; ˈin-tə-ˌres-, ˈin-ˌtres-; ˈin-tərs-\
: wanting to learn more about something or to become involved in something
: having the desire to do or have something
: having a direct or personal involvement in something
: having the attention engaged <interested listeners>
: being affected or involved <interested parties>
— in·ter·est·ed·ly adverb
Examples of INTERESTED
- The listeners were all greatly interested in the lecture.
- students who are interested in archaeology
- I'd be interested to learn more about his background.
- I'm interested to hear what you have to say.
- I was very interested to learn that she had once lived in California.
- I asked him if he wanted to play tennis, but he said he wasn't interested.
- The plan will have to be approved by all interested parties.
First Known Use of INTERESTED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up interested? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).