a : incapable of being maintained as right or valid : untenable
b : incapable of being justified or excused : inexcusable <indefensible comments>
Examples of INDEFENSIBLE
- The company adopted an indefensible position on the issue.
- His behavior is ethically indefensible.
- The city is in an indefensible location.
First Known Use of INDEFENSIBLE
Related to INDEFENSIBLE
- inexcusable, inexpiable, insupportable, unforgivable, unjustifiable, unpardonable, unwarrantable
- defensible, excusable, forgivable, justifiable, pardonable, venial
Learn More About INDEFENSIBLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up indefensible? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).