: the quality or state of being inconsistent
Examples of INCONSISTENCY
- Police noticed inconsistency in his two statements.
- Customers have been complaining about the inconsistency in the quality of service they have received.
- The team's biggest problem has been inconsistency: it has played well at times, but at other times it has played very poorly.
- There is some inconsistency in her argument.
- Careful editing of the entire text has eliminated inconsistencies of style.
- We noted a major inconsistency in his story.
First Known Use of INCONSISTENCY
: the quality or state of not being in agreement or not being regular <The team's biggest problem is inconsistency.>
: something that is not in agreement or not regular <There are inconsistencies in her story.>
Learn More About INCONSISTENCY