a : an unhealthy condition of body or mind
b : sickness 2
Examples of ILLNESS
- Her body was not able to defend itself against illness.
- Hundreds of soldiers died from illness and hunger.
- He showed no signs of illness.
- Scientists have not yet found a cure for this illness.
- cancer, diabetes, and other illnesses
- She died at the age of 60 after a brief illness.
First Known Use of ILLNESS
Related to ILLNESS
- affection, ail, ailment, bug, complaint, complication, condition, disorder, distemper, distemperature, fever, ill, disease, infirmity, malady, sickness, trouble
- health, wellness
ill·ness noun \ˈil-nəs\ (Medical Dictionary)
: an unhealthy condition of body or mind : sickness
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up illness? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).