: free from harm, liability, or loss
: lacking capacity or intent to injure : innocuous <a harmless joke>
— harm·less·ly adverb
— harm·less·ness noun
Examples of HARMLESS
- His ideas seem harmless enough.
- We're just having a bit of harmless fun.
- It was just a harmless joke.
First Known Use of HARMLESS
Related to HARMLESS
- anodyne, benign, hurtless, innocent, innocuous, inoffensive, safe, white
- adverse, bad, baleful, baneful, damaging, dangerous, deleterious, detrimental, evil, harmful, hurtful, ill, injurious, mischievous, nocuous, noxious, pernicious, prejudicial, wicked
Learn More About HARMLESS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up harmless? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).