grace·ful adjective \ˈgrās-fəl\
: moving in a smooth and attractive way
: having a smooth and pleasing shape or style
: polite or kind
Examples of GRACEFUL
- He has become a very graceful dancer.
- the graceful movements of a ballerina
- She was a graceful young woman with delicate features.
- the long, graceful neck of a swan
- His writing is clear and graceful.
- There was no graceful way to say no to their offer.
First Known Use of GRACEFUL
Related to GRACEFUL
- agile, featly, feline, gracile, light, light-footed (also light-foot), lightsome, lissome (also lissom), lithe, lithesome, nimble, spry
- awkward, clumsy, gawky, graceless, klutzy, lumbering, ungainly, ungraceful
Learn More About GRACEFUL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up graceful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).