glam·or·ous adjective \ˈglam-rəs, ˈgla-mə-\
: very exciting and attractive : full of glamour
: full of glamour : excitingly attractive <a glamorous actress> <a glamorous life>
— glam·or·ous·ly adverb
— glam·or·ous·ness noun
Examples of GLAMOROUS
- She looked glamorous in her formal black gown.
- She wore a glamorous black gown.
- A private investigator's job isn't as glamorous as people think.
First Known Use of GLAMOROUS
Related to GLAMOROUS
- bizarro, fantastic (also fantastical), exotic (also glamourous), marvelous (or marvellous), outlandish, romantic, strange
- familiar, nonexotic, nonglamorous, plain-Jane, unexotic, unglamorous, unromantic
Learn More About GLAMOROUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up glamorous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).