flex·i·ble adjective \ˈflek-sə-bəl\
: capable of bending or being bent
: easily changed : able to change or to do different things
: willing to change or to try different things
Examples of FLEXIBLE
- flexible branches swaying in the breeze
- a material that is both strong and flexible
- She's been doing exercises to become stronger and more flexible.
- Our schedule for the weekend is very flexible.
- This computer program has to be flexible to meet all our needs.
- Whatever you want to do is fine with me. I'm flexible.
First Known Use of FLEXIBLE
Related to FLEXIBLE
- adaptable, adjustable, alterable, changeable, elastic, fluid, malleable, modifiable, pliable, variable
- established, fixed, immutable, inelastic, inflexible, invariable, nonmalleable, ramrod, set, unadaptable, unalterable, unbudgeable, unchangeable
flex·i·ble adjective \ˈflek-sə-bəl\ (Medical Dictionary)
Learn More About FLEXIBLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up flexible? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).