fin·ished adjective \-nisht\
: having reached the end of an activity, job, etc.
: not requiring more work : entirely done or completed
: having reached the end of a romantic relationship
: marked by the highest quality : consummate <finished workmanship>
Examples of FINISHED
- He started his homework two hours ago and he still isn't finished.
- I'll wait here until you're finished.
- The job is finally finished.
- We were pleased with the finished product.
- We're finished! I never want to see you again!
- She says she's finished with that guy.
- This scandal means that his career is finished.
First Known Use of FINISHED
Related to FINISHED
- completed, concluded, done, down, ended, complete, over, over with, terminated, through, up
- continuing, incomplete, ongoing, uncompleted, undone, unfinished
Learn More About FINISHED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up finished? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).