: an excellent or valuable quality : virtue
Examples of EXCELLENCE
- The school is known for the excellence of its teachers.
- an award for academic excellence
- setting a high standard of excellence
First Known Use of EXCELLENCE
Related to EXCELLENCE
- choiceness, distinction, excellency, first-rateness, greatness, perfection, preeminence, primeness, superbness, superiority, supremacy
- deficiency, demerit, disvalue
Learn More About EXCELLENCE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up excellence? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).