a : the set of articles or physical resources serving to equip a person or thing: as (1) : the implements used in an operation or activity : apparatus <sports equipment> (2) : all the fixed assets other than land and buildings of a business enterprise (3) : the rolling stock of a railway
b : a piece of such equipment
: mental or emotional traits or resources : endowment
Examples of EQUIPMENT
- The photographer came early to set up his equipment.
- I'm looking for a hobby that doesn't require a lot of fancy equipment.
- an expensive piece of medical equipment
- Not enough funds were provided for the equipment of the troops.
First Known Use of EQUIPMENT
Related to EQUIPMENT
- accoutrements (or accouterments), apparatus, gear, hardware, kit [chiefly British], material(s), matériel (or materiel), outfit, paraphernalia, stuff, tackle
Learn More About EQUIPMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up equipment? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).