: operating with or marked by vigor or effect
: of or relating to energy
— en·er·get·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb
Examples of ENERGETIC
- She has an energetic personality.
- The children are energetic workers.
- They mounted an energetic campaign.
Origin of ENERGETIC
to be active, from energos
First Known Use: 1651
Related to ENERGETIC
- dynamic, vigorous, flush, gingery, lusty, peppy, red-blooded, robust, vital
- dull, lethargic, listless, sluggish, torpid
Rhymes with ENERGETIC
en·er·get·ic adjective \ˌen-ər-ˈjet-ik\ (Medical Dictionary)
: of or relating to energy <energetic equation>
Learn More About ENERGETIC
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up energetic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).