noun en·dorse·ment \in-ˈdȯr-smənt, en-\
: a public or official statement of support or approval
: the act of publicly saying that you like or use a product or service in exchange for money
: the act or result of writing your name on the back of a check
a : something that is written in the process of endorsing
b : a provision added to an insurance contract altering its scope or application
: money earned from a product recommendation <made millions in salary and endorsements>
Examples of ENDORSEMENT
- The newspaper has announced its political endorsements.
- We're pleased that the project has received your endorsement.
- Without official endorsement, the project cannot proceed.
- Many retired athletes are able to make a lot of money by doing product endorsements.
- The bank requires that someone witness the endorsement of the check.
- We need your endorsement before we can cash this check.
- the endorsement of a license
- receive an endorsement for speeding
First Known Use of ENDORSEMENT
Learn More About ENDORSEMENT