: to make diverse : give variety to <diversify a course of study>
: to balance (as an investment portfolio) defensively by dividing funds among securities of different industries or of different classes
: to increase the variety of the products of <diversify a business>
Examples of DIVERSIFY
- The country is diversifying its energy sources.
- farmers who want to diversify their crops
- The new CEO's chief aim is to diversify the company.
- The company needs to diversify.
- Many publishing companies have diversified into online services.
First Known Use of DIVERSIFY
Learn More About DIVERSIFY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up diversify? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).