: defeated in expectation or hope
obsolete : not adequately equipped
— dis·ap·point·ed·ly adverb
Examples of DISAPPOINTED
- We were disappointed that they couldn't go.
- Disappointed fans slowly left the ballpark.
- I was disappointed to see that my suggestions had been ignored.
- They were deeply disappointed by her lack of interest.
- Don't be too disappointed if everything doesn't go as planned.
- Your father and I are very disappointed in you.
First Known Use of DISAPPOINTED
Learn More About DISAPPOINTED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up disappointed? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).