: marked by ill temper : peevish <a disagreeable person>
— dis·agree·able·ness noun
— dis·agree·ably \-blē\ adverb
Examples of DISAGREEABLE
- The medicine had a disagreeable taste.
- the disagreeable odor of the garbage
- I've never known her to be so disagreeable.
First Known Use of DISAGREEABLE
Related to DISAGREEABLE
- acid, bearish, bilious, bloody-minded [chiefly British], cantankerous, ill–tempered, dyspeptic, ill-humored, ill-natured, ornery, splenetic, surly
- amiable, good-humored, good-natured, good-tempered
Learn More About DISAGREEABLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up disagreeable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).